Budapest was once two separate cities located across the Danube River from each other. Buda on the west, Pest on the east. Once the chain bridge bridge was completed in 1849 these cities were united as a single city - Budapest. In this photo we are standing on the Buda Castle grounds and looking east to Pest.
This shows the full Pest side with the chain bridge in the center. The Parliament building in the far left, St. Stephens Cathederal in the center. Lets begin looking at Pest.